1. So, Minka, what is your occupation? Are you any good at it? Do you like it?
Minka: I’m an elementary teacher. I teach third grade. I love my job and I think I’m good at it. The kids seem to love having me around.
2. What is your family like?
Minka: (Chuckles) We are an interesting bunch. I have a fraternal twin that used to be a model and now a designer. My father played basketball in college and my mother is a former model. (Pause) For a while I used to feel I didn’t belong there, you know.
3. What did your childhood home look like?
Minka: I try to live on a teacher salary now, but (smiles) Jason is very, well, wealthy but we live in a modest 5 bedroom on the island. My childhood was pretty privilege. The big house and the private school.
4. Do you have any hobbies? What do you enjoy doing?
Minka: I recently took up Bikram Yoga. I have to say I love it. I also love to play with my camera. I’ve taken some great shots on the island since moving to Martha’s Vineyard.
5. What is your greatest dream?
Minka: (Smiles) To have a family with Jason. I can’t wait to see a combination of the two of us running around. One thing for sure, they will have a lot of hair. (Laughs)
6. What kind of person do you wish you could be? What is stopping you?
Minka: Wow! I love this question. For a very long time I wanted to be Keely. That’s my fraternal twin sister. I always felt she was the more beautiful one. The one everyone loved. Then I realized I was my own worst enemy. I needed to embrace the person that I am. (Lets out a deep breath) A caring, honest and loving person. (Smiles) It took some harsh lessons but I’m there now. And the only person who stopped me from being that person before was sadly myself.
7. Who was your first love?
Minka: Truthfully it’s Jason.
8. What's the most terrible thing that ever happened to you?
Minka: Without getting too much into it, I’d have to say losing my virginity to the wrong person. I wasn’t abused or anything like that. But shortly after I overheard him telling our classmates that he couldn’t be held accountable for sleeping with the fat girl.
9. What was your dream growing up? Did you achieve that dream? If so, in what ways was it not what you expected? If you never achieved the dream, why not?
Minka: To be happy. (Smiles). I’m definitely there now.
1. Who is your role model?
1. Is there someone you pretend to like but really dislike?
Minka: (Laughs). No, not anymore. But it used to be my sister. (Laughs again).
1. What is your deepest desire?
Minka: To be more outspoken. I’m still working on that. I’ve gotten so much better though.
What is your greatest fear?
Minka: To have never loved.
Thank you for visiting us today, Minka. I wish you luck with Jason.
Purchase Links for The Scale:
Secret Cravings Publishing http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&products_id=913
All Romance eBook: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html